For people who live with pets, it's not a surprise to have different stains and odors in their homes. Pet accidents happen often and have to be cleaned in a proper way. However, before buying a cleaning product that is not only expensive but harmful to the health of your family, too, because of its chemical contents, consider to make your own cleaner with household products. It is highly effective and inexpensive at the same time!
The secret of professional Cleaners SW3 is in using vinegar and baking soda for that purpose. These products quickly remove any stains and odors left in the house.
When you decide to use vinegar you first have to know that it is a good natural element used for cleaning and it breaks up the ammonia in the pet urine, kills the bacteria there and neutralizes the odor. For cleaning with vinegar, follow the next steps:
- Clean by blotting the pet stain with a paper towel or a cloth;
- Apply vinegar directly on the stained area;
- Soak the entire area;
- Work the vinegar with a scrub brush into the entire carpet;
- Leave the carpet for several minutes and then absorb what is leftover with a paper towel or a clean cloth;
- When the carpet is aired dry, the stain and the odor will be removed.
If you prefer to use baking soda for cleaning the pet stains and odors on your carpet, cleaners SW3 recommend to:
- Clean up the stain with a paper towel or a cloth;
- Spread just a 1/2-inch layer of baking soda over the stained area;
- Let it for 15 minutes to start working;
- Clean up the remainder with a scrub brush;
- Spray over the stain with a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar;
- Work the sprayed mixture with the scrub brush;
- Blot up anything left;
- Collect the baking soda if any with a vacuum cleaner;
- The stain and the odor are eliminated.