It is normal to get stains on your favorite carpet. No matter if they are because of you, or because of the previous owner of the house. If you have to deal with grease stains read the following instructions, they will help to remove effectively all grease-based stains you notice on your carpet. Just remember that you need to act as you see the stain, otherwise the carpet cleaning can become very hard to clean.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the spot and let it sit for several minutes, this way the soda will soak up some of the grease.
- Use the vacuum to remove the baking soda, but you need to be very careful not to rub the stain and push it deep into the carpet.
- If needed, repeat the previous steps, several times to ensure that the stain is not noticeable. At this point the stain will not be completely removed but most of the of the grease will have been absorbed.
- Mix a few drops of grease cutting dish washing detergent and a small amount of water and apply it to the spot. Rub the area with a cotton cloth until the grease starts to come out onto the cloth. Change the cloth when it becomes completely dirty. You need to rub the spot until your cloth is no longer picking up grease. Be careful, not to apply too much soap, otherwise it will very difficult to clean all the soap residue.
- Rinse the area with clean cold water and blot up with a cotton cloth or paper towel. If the soap is not removed from the first time, then you need to repeat until all the soap is removed from the area.
In case you have a light coloured carpet you need to call a carpet cleaning London company to clean the carpet instead of you.