Tomato juice spilled on a carpet leaves bright red stains that could be very difficult to remove if not dealt quickly. When a tomato stain occurs on a light coloured carpet, it stands out much more making its removing to seem like an unbearable chore.However, don't rush immediately to buy a new carpet as this stain can be removed pretty easy if you follow the cleaning instructions suggested by carpet cleaning Parsons Green.
The things you will need to clean your light coloured carpet from tomato juice stains are small bucket, paper towels, bleach free liquid dish soap, sponge, dry towel, ammonia and a fan. Here are the instructions:
- Use paper towels to absorbs as much of the tomato juice as will come up.
- Get a small bucket to mix 1 tablespoon of bleach free liquid dish soap with 2 cups of cool water in it.
- Dip a sponge into the solution and then wipe the stain with it. Treating the stained area from outside towards the middle will prevent the stain from spreading further. Do not scrub the stain, as this can harm the carpet fibers.
- Soak up the moisture by using a dry cloth. Keep sponging and blotting to get as much of the stain out as possible.
- Use a clean bucket to mix ½ cup of cold water and 1 tablespoon of ammonia in it.
- Sponge the remaining stain with a clean cloth moistened with the ammonia solution.
- Absorb the cleaning solution by blotting the area with a dry towel and then rinse out with cold water using a clean cloth.
- In order to speed up the process of drying, Parsons Green cleaners suggest you to use a fan that will help the air to circulate over the treated area.