Timely intervention will prevent permanent damage when a port wine stain is freshly acquired. The spill should be blotted with a white cloth, and then treated with carbonated soda which effervescence brings the stain out of the fabric. Use a sponge to apply the soda water. Stretch the affected area and pass hot water through it. Lastly, wash the garment to see if the port wine stain is removed. If not, call Clapham cleaners to give you some advices in removing red wine stains.
When a glass of port wine is spilled on your carpet the measures that you should take are as follows:
- Use a sponge soaked in carbonated water on the affected area.
- Apply a solution of detergent in water on the wine stain using a cloth.
- Wash and check if the stain is removed. If it is still there, apply a solution made of equal parts water and glycerine on the stained area.
- Allow the solution to sit for an hour, then rinse and blot the area. As an alternative of this solution, you can use shaving cream which is applied on the stain and then rinsed with cold water.
- If nothing helps, you can hire carpet cleaning Clapham to remove the port wine stain.
Using dish soap to remove port wine stain from a carpet is another suitable method. Add one teaspoon of liquid dish soap to a cup of water, and apply the solution to the affected area. If the stains is still visible, spray the area with white vinegar and blot it with a towel. Finally, rinse the problematic area with warm water.