If your closet is full of many and different kinds of clothes, which often require dry cleaning, then you should have noticed that this is one of the reasons of you bills to add up. Actually many clothes that need to be dry clean, can be cleaned at home. The thing you must be aware of is what cleaning method, the manufacturer of the clothe recommend to be used. It is also easy to save money by cleaning those clothes, that don't need of dry cleaning at all.
Here are the following tips, you can try at home:
- First of all you can hand wash the clothes at home, if it possible for you of course. Something to remember when hand washing is to always use cold water and a gentle soap. Don't try to twist or wring the garment, because it there is the possibility to bring damages to the fibres. Place the item on a towel to dry. If you are not so sure, if the material is fine to be hand washed, use already damaged clothe, made of the same material and see what will happen when you do it. Or better ask someone, who applies professional cleaning services to advice you.
- As soon as you get home, try to remove your dry clean items. For this reason use garment brush to clean any dirt on the surfaces.
- Spray them with a fabric freshener. This affects on the fabric in a good way and even removes any odours, picked up by the clothing during the day.
- Leave your dry clean clothes to hang on after freshening them, so that you have a chance to easily reduce the frequency of dry cleaning. Professional experts, who also have businesses, providing dry cleaning London services, advice people to space their clothes in the wardrobe, so the materials can breathe and the air out after use.
- Get dry cleaning kits at home, suitable to be used in your dryer for dry cleaning clothes. These tools are very usable for blouses and dresses, but for heavier clothes such as coats and jackets, the plastic bag is not so suitable.
- If you think that you are too busy to deal with dry cleaning at your house, you can always call the dry cleaners in your local area. This will cost you money, but at least you will save time and you will be able to better choose the cleaning services so you be sure that your clothes will be effectively dry cleaned.