Whether your carpet is a new and expensive one, or you have it for many years, a chewing gum on it can cause a big damage, not only to its look.
If you need an idea how to remove a chewing gum from a carpet, cleaners W1 give it to you in some easy steps you need to follow.
- Take an ice cube tray and fill it with water;
- Put the ice cube tray in the freezer for several hours;
- Determine the area of the carpet that needs to be cleaned;
- Put an ice cube over it;
- Dab this cube on the chewing gum, this needs some minutes to start working;
- When the chewing gum become hard and stiff, you will be able to pull it off the carpet;
- Fill a plastic bag with ice, close it and place it on the gum;
- Leave it for ten to fifteen minutes;
- When it's ready the gum gets hardened thanks to the ice and it will take no efforts from you to peel it off easily and quickly.
If you can't peel the entire gum off, you have to repeat the same action with new ice. If there is any left after that, too, you can use a good elbow grease, just take some from the carpet safe cleaners w1. Scrub away the gum with a sponge, but don't forget to use only tap water in order to protect your carpet from damaging. Never try this on human hair if the gum is near to the scalp.