No matter how expensive is your carpet, it is susceptible to spills. You can easily clean even your Persian carpet, if you really know what to do. Most of the stains can be cleaned with almost no damage to the carpet.
To clean your favorite oriental carpet you can only use cold water, cloth or towel, and neutral pH solvent. Remember to blot the moisture between each phase of the carpet cleaning process. It is very important to rinse the area after finishing, use dryer fan to faster the process.However, you need to follow several tips to deal effectively with stains from your Persian carpet.
Before cleaning any carpet in your home you need to prepare a spot removal kit, just in case. It is a good idea to have one, so you will be ready to act immediately when something happens. This kit needs to contain the following things.
- The first thing needed is a white clean cloth or towel, a sponge and a squirt nozzle.
- The next thing is dry cleaning fluid, if you cannot find one, you can replace it with with oil, grease or pain remover.
- A couple of home made solutions. The first one made of 1 teaspoon neutral powder type of detergent and a half pint. The second is used to neutralize alkaline-based stains, it contains 1/3 cup of white vinegar and 2/3 cup of water. The third detergent is for removing fruit juice, you need to mix ¾ cup water and 1 teaspoon of ammonia.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of laundry detergent that contains enzymes and a half pint of water.
- You also need a can of dry ice and oil-free polish remover.
However, the easiest option is to hire a professional carpet cleaning London company to do the job for you.