Homemade carpet cleaning solution are not only effective and inexpensive, but their non-toxic ingredients are beneficial to your health and the environment as well.The described carpet cleaning solution is suggested by cleaner Clapham, and can be used as a stain remover or as a solution for a steam cleaning machine. To prepare the homemade cleaner, you will need a plastic jug with enough size to collect 1 gallon of liquid. Here are the instruction:
- Pour a half gallon of warm water into the jug, then add ½ cup of liquid castle soap and stir the mixture well. If you don't have any castle soap available, use unscented liquid soap. Avoid using soap with added scents.
- Add 1 cup of ammonia and ½ of liquid fabric softener to the jug with the solution, and stir again.
- After you have mixed the ingredients, fill up the plastic jug with warm water, leaving two inches from the top. Pour as much water as possible into the jag without overfill it.
- Pre-treat any stains and spills with the solution using a stiff brush to scrub the carpet. If you goal is to remove only the stains, blot up the solution with a dry cloth, otherwise, pour the remaining of the solution into the carpet steamer's reservoir, and clean according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the carpet dry, vacuum it thoroughly to remove any residue.
It is not always possible to clean the carpet properly on your own. Sometimes, professional help is required, call carpet cleaning Clapham team or any other reliable cleaning company to get your carpet stain free, and fresh smelling as it was when you bought it.