When your carpet cannot be cleaned anymore and you need to buy a new one, you will face the problem of choosing over the variety of materials available. We have prepared for you a list containing the most common materials and some tips how to clean and maintain them effectively.
- Wool – wool carpets are one of the most luxurious carpets on the market and this makes them more expensive than the other material type carpets. They are soft and resistant to wear and traffic stains. The carpet can be easily cleaned and freshened up with wet towel. However when placed on direct sunlight for a longer period wool can change its colours.
- Polyester – polyester carpets are also really soft and comfortable, although they are not as luxurious as the wool ones. These carpets are really easy to clean as they are moisture and moth resistant. Their colours are fading-resistant and will last fresh and nice for a longer period.
- Nylon – the nylon carpets are probably the easiest carpets to clean as they are made by a durable synthetic material. These types of carpets are sold in different colours and textures. Nylon carpets are resistant to wear and dirt that makes them appropriate for high-traffic areas. They can be easily cleaned by professional cleaning services.
- Olefin (polypropylene) – the carpets made by olefin are easy to clean and wear and moisture resistant. This makes them great for outdoor areas of your home. Unfortunately they are not as durable as the nylon or wool carpets and their colours can fade over the time. Another disadvantage of these carpets is that they are building up static electricity.
- Acrylic – Acrylic is a material that can be found in most of the carpets but it is not used to make 100% of the carpet. The material is added mainly to wool carpets to decrease the price of 100% wool. It is also moisture and fade resistant and easy to clean.
So the next time you need to buy a new carpet, first choose the material that will suit best your needs. Think also about yourself – find a carpet that will be easy to clean and maintain and company offering services for carpet cleaning Greenwich, London.